The Haiku Foundation’s 2015 Fundraiser concluded last night at midnight, having run from (US) Thanksgiving Day (November 27) through St. Nicolas Day (December 6), as has been our practice for the past 5 years. This year we collected $2085.00 and have “checks in the mail” that we know of for another $100.00. This compares with donations totaling $8314.00 during our 2014 fundraiser, $8923.06 in 2013, $4830.00 in 2012, and $5100.00 in 2011.
Thanks to all those who donated this year, and especially to those of you who are repeat donors. You will find the complete list of everyone who has donated to the Foundation over the years on our Honor Roll. We will continue to use these funds to bring you the haiku features and programs that you have come to expect and enjoy here, and hope to add to our offerings in substantial ways. We welcome your help with this, both financially and personally. Please contact us if you would like to participate further.
The Haiku Foundation
P.S. The fundraiser is over, but it’s not too late to make a donation to The Haiku Foundation to help us continue our important work. And visit our Gift Shop to get cool haiku gifts in return for making your donation. Thank you.
2015 Fundraiser Schedule
- November 26: In Memoriam, a tribute to haiku poets who have left the community in the past 2 years; the release of Raymond Roseliep: Man of Art who Loved the Rose, a biography of the pioneering haiku poet by Donna Bauerly.
- November 27: The Haiku Foundation’s Black Friday Gift Shop promo; re:Virals 11.
- November 28: Linda Papanicolaou gives a final accounting of Renku Sessions 3: “A Bowl of Cherries”; a new Old Pond Comics cartoon “Goose Neck”.
- November 29: THF Reports: “Our Frogpond Journey,” Francine Banwarth and Michele Root-Bernstein’s discussion of their editorship of Frogpond; THF Social Media Day highlights of our social outreach from the Foundation’s social media director Stella Pierides.
- November 30: THF Interviews: Gayle Bull; a new Book of the Week: small town by vincent tripi.
- December 1: THF Galleries: “Haiga of Stephen Addiss”; the new World of Haiku country for December: Australia.
- December 2: “Librarian’s Cache”, selections from the Foundation’s holdings by Digital Librarian Garry Eaton; results from the annual THF assessment survey.
- December 3: THF Readings: Tom Clausen; a challenging haiku crypto-quiz from Anita Krumins.
- December 4: THF Lectures: Zinovy Vayman on “Humor in Haiku”; re:Virals 12.
- December 5: “Touchstone Gardens” around the world, where winners of the Foundation’s prestigious Touchstone Awards have displayed their award stones; a new Old Pond Comics cartoon “Jamming Crabs”.
- December 6: THF Lectures: Ruth Yarrow entertains and instructs us in “Haiku with Feathers,” from Haiku North America 2015; a report on the Foundation’s Grant Proposal to the National Endowment for the Arts in 2015.
- December 7: The summary report from our THF Fundraiser 2015; a new Book of the Week: jazztronaut by Geert Verbecke.