Want to talk about haiku with other poets? The Haiku Foundation can help!
- Sign up for our newsletter. We’ll let you know about updates to our blog, Troutswirl. You can find the signup link at the bottom of our main page. The comment threads on our blog posts are open for two weeks after the posting date, so please share your insights and ask questions.
- THF Monthly Kukai is a haiku writing contest held here every month. You can submit your poem on a given theme and vote for your favorites. You don’t have to submit haiku to vote, but we would love to read your work. The schedule for 2021 can be found here.
- Our Forums include a New to Haiku: Free Discussion Area where you can ask questions. If you want to workshop your poems, you will need to set up a free account to access additional threads.
- Haiku Dialogue is an interactive feature on our website where poets are invited to submit haiku on a weekly topic.
- Our Haiku Registry is a place to read about published haiku poets and enjoy their work. Most poets have included some contact information. Once you have published haiku, you can join the registry. [This feature is still offline since our website redesign. Hopefully, it will be up and running again soon.]
- You can also connect with THF on social media through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
What are your favorite places on The Haiku Foundation website to interact with other haiku poets? Which features would you recommend to newcomers? Share your favorite haunts with us in the comments!
The Haiku Foundation wouldn’t be what it is today without the generous, thoughtful contributions from our many readers and volunteers. Thank you for choosing to spend your time with us.