News:

If you click the "Log In" button and get an error, use this URL to display the forum home page: https://thehaikufoundation.org/forum_sm/

Update any bookmarks you have for the forum to use this URL--not a similar URL that includes "www."
Welcome to The Haiku Foundation forum! Some features and boards are available only to registered members who are logged in. To register, click Register in the main menu below. Click Login to login. Please use a Report to Moderator link to report any problems with a board or a topic.

Main Menu

poem refusal

Started by flowerfox, March 15, 2018, 01:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flowerfox

What is best to do when a poem is entered to a site, and  refused. Should a polite thank you be mailed back or just leave it as is.
The one I sent to 'tiny words' was refused, not what they were looking for at this time.
Don't want them to think I've got a 'cob on' about the refusal.

Rachel

I often send a 'thank you for considering my work' reply out if politeness Carole

Lorraine Pester

Quote from: flowerfox on March 15, 2018, 01:38:29 PM
What is best to do when a poem is entered to a site, and  refused. Should a polite thank you be mailed back or just leave it as is.
The one I sent to 'tiny words' was refused, not what they were looking for at this time.

A tinywords submission of mine was rejected for the same reason. Editors have their  reasons. I let it go.
My entire soul is a cry, and all my work is a commentary on that cry.   Nikos Kazantzakis

flowerfox

Quote from: Rachel on March 15, 2018, 01:54:03 PM
I often send a 'thank you for considering my work' reply out if politeness Carole

That said, I'll send a thank you and keep it short.

Thanks Rachel

flowerfox

Quote from: Lorraine Pester on March 15, 2018, 03:32:44 PM
Quote from: flowerfox on March 15, 2018, 01:38:29 PM

A tinywords submission of mine was rejected for the same reason. Editors have their  reasons. I let it go.

I'm sure the editors do have their reasons and also a pile of mail to get through. Good to read the replies.

Thanks Lorraine

gtwright35

I've been trying to break into "Frogpond" and the "Modern Haiku" journals without any luck. Editors from both journals were actually pretty helpful giving some feedback when I explained I was trying to learn. One of them pointed me to this forum...

flowerfox

:) couldn't have pointed you in a better a better direction.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk