Author Topic: Jane Reichhold  (Read 3727 times)

Snow Leopard

• View Profile
Jane Reichhold
« on: October 16, 2014, 11:38:13 AM »
Hello,

Does anyone have any news about Jane? How is she? Is LYNX to continue?

Would be grateful for some information.

Snow Leopard

AlanSummers

• View Profile
    • Call of the Page
Re: Jane Reichhold
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 01:03:41 PM »
Dear Snow Leopard,
Hello,

Does anyone have any news about Jane? How is she? Is LYNX to continue?

Would be grateful for some information.

Snow Leopard

Jane is fine!  :)

Lynx had its final issue.  Jane and Werner are involved in new writing adventures, and of course the Aha! Forum is alive and kicking.

I'm still plotting how to meet Jane one day as she lives right in the middle of nowhere, and I live in England. ;)

warm regards,

Alan

sandra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 02:25:24 PM »
Hi Snow Leopard,

Information about Jane and Werner's retirement for Lynx was posted for a couple of months at Haiku NewZ, sorry you didn't see it. They hope someone may come forward and offer to edit Lynx. Meanwhile the AHA website continues, and they are pursuing their writing interests.

There is regular information about journals posted on the Haiku Happenings page:
http://www.poetrysociety.org.nz/haikunews/haikuhappenings

All the best,
Sandra
Haiku NewZ editor

AlanSummers

• View Profile
    • Call of the Page
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 02:39:31 PM »
Hi Sandra,
Hi Snow Leopard,

Information about Jane and Werner's retirement for Lynx was posted for a couple of months at Haiku NewZ, sorry you didn't see it. They hope someone may come forward and offer to edit Lynx. Meanwhile the AHA website continues, and they are pursuing their writing interests.

There is regular information about journals posted on the Haiku Happenings page:
http://www.poetrysociety.org.nz/haikunews/haikuhappenings

All the best,
Sandra
Haiku NewZ editor

It certainly would be fantastic if someone could come on board to create further issues of Lynx.  It is a big job, I don't know how just two of them did so much.

By the way, would it be possible to list the With Words Summer Haiku Competition at all?
Link: http://tinyurl.com/SummerHaikuContest

kind regards,

Alan

sandra

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 06:37:12 PM »
Yes, I intend to list your contest Alan, with the next refresh at the beginning of November. I have been organising a local event (not poetry) as a fundraiser for my local botanic park project and what with that and two weeks in Bali (1 week "working" at the Ubud R&W festival) I've hardly had time to turn around this month.

Cheers,
Sandra

sandra

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 06:38:11 PM »

AlanSummers

• View Profile
    • Call of the Page
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2014, 03:43:18 AM »
Thanks Sandra!

Yes, some of us seem to do 25 hours a day on activities. :) 

I'm almost scared to list the things that myself, and With Words, do as I'll wonder how we managed to do it all.   If you are ever in Blighty and travel The London Road, you'll find some haiku and renga verses, a project we are just completing.  And do consider March 2015 as we holding a premier sake event, as well as a big reading on the Road. :)

It's the same with Jane, in some ways I'm glad she's stepped back from Lynx, because she's always done exciting projects too.

warm regards,

Alan

Snow Leopard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 11:12:33 AM »
Dear Alan,

Thank you for replying to my post. I am delighted that Jane is fine. She and Werner were one of a kind and I remember their kindness and encouragement during their stewardship of LYNX.

Jane is fine!  :)

Lynx had its final issue.  Jane and Werner are involved in new writing adventures, and of course the Aha! Forum is alive and kicking.
Alan

That would be wonderful -  a haijin meeting of minds in person!  I hope your 'plot' succeeds. :)

I'm still plotting how to meet Jane one day as she lives right in the middle of nowhere, and I live in England. ;)

Warm regards,

Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2014, 11:17:42 AM »
Hi Sandra,

Thank you for your detailed response to my post. Yes, I missed the information about Jane and Werner given earlier So kind of you to include the link for the Haiku Happenings page. I will make time to browse it. :)

I am delighted that Jane has recovered and that she and Werner are pursuing their interests.

Hopefully LYNX will find a new team.

Snow Leopard