News:

If you click the "Log In" button and get an error, use this URL to display the forum home page: https://thehaikufoundation.org/forum_sm/

Update any bookmarks you have for the forum to use this URL--not a similar URL that includes "www."
Welcome to The Haiku Foundation forum! Some features and boards are available only to registered members who are logged in. To register, click Register in the main menu below. Click Login to login. Please use a Report to Moderator link to report any problems with a board or a topic.

Main Menu

Poetry on trees -- Valentine's Day 2014 deadline

Started by Seanan, February 13, 2014, 10:23:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seanan

This doesn't precisely fit haiku, and it isn't about journals, but I feel impelled to post it here. Nature and poetry and all . . .

For poets who'd like to put poems to work beyond the pixel and the page, this came to me from the talented people at Leaf Press (www.leafpress.ca):

Here is a quick call for poems about trees. Wendy Morton intends to laminate them and to hang them from trees in a park she is trying to protect.

Wendy said: Please send me a short poem about trees or forests( it can be an old poem) be sure to put your name on it. I need it by February 14. Check out this website: www.jdflandtrust.ca which will give you more information about the project. We want to save this forest, and you can help. Please feel free to send this out to anybody on your list.

AlanSummers

Hi Seanan,

Couldn't find the contact details on the websites.  Could you post it here?

warm regards,

Alan

Quote from: Seanan on February 13, 2014, 10:23:21 AM
This doesn't precisely fit haiku, and it isn't about journals, but I feel impelled to post it here. Nature and poetry and all . . .

For poets who'd like to put poems to work beyond the pixel and the page, this came to me from the talented people at Leaf Press (www.leafpress.ca):

Here is a quick call for poems about trees. Wendy Morton intends to laminate them and to hang them from trees in a park she is trying to protect.

Wendy said: Please send me a short poem about trees or forests( it can be an old poem) be sure to put your name on it. I need it by February 14. Check out this website: www.jdflandtrust.ca which will give you more information about the project. We want to save this forest, and you can help. Please feel free to send this out to anybody on your list.
Alan Summers,
founder, Call of the Page
https://www.callofthepage.org

Seanan

My apologies for the delay. I had to chase information.

The event is being coordinated by Wendy Morton. Please send it to her as an attachment with only the poem and your name in a good sized font (12). Her email address is wendymorton@shaw.ca.

Hours to go . . .

AlanSummers

Thanks Seanan, I think there might be a couple of hours or so to send poems yet. :-)

warm regards,

Alan
Alan Summers,
founder, Call of the Page
https://www.callofthepage.org

Seanan

I think they'd be thrilled, Alan, and there could be few better uses for haiku than the saving of trees.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk