News:

If you click the "Log In" button and get an error, use this URL to display the forum home page: https://thehaikufoundation.org/forum_sm/

Update any bookmarks you have for the forum to use this URL--not a similar URL that includes "www."
Welcome to The Haiku Foundation forum! Some features and boards are available only to registered members who are logged in. To register, click Register in the main menu below. Click Login to login. Please use a Report to Moderator link to report any problems with a board or a topic.

Main Menu

New Anthology: Submissions Due August 1, 2013

Started by Billie Wilson, February 22, 2013, 01:06:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billie Wilson

Bruce Ross is soliciting haiku for a North American section of a contemporary world haiku anthology. Please send 3 of your best haiku written between 2000 and 2013.

Include in the body of your email your name, city and state or province, your 3 haiku, and an English translation if written in another language. If published, include the name of the journal.

Send to: dr_bruce_ross@hotmail.com (two underscores) with a subject line "A Vast Sky" or mail to Bruce Ross, PMB 127, 499 Broadway, Bangor, ME 04401, USA. Those chosen will be notified.

Deadline: August 1, 2013.

AlanSummers

Thank you Billie for the news for North American members of the THF.   I also know that Australia, New Zealand, Israel, SA, the Caribbean, and India have had call outs.

Is there to be a European section?   I've heard nothing from Bruce Ross, but European haiku is alive and healthy and it would be great if some work from this area of the world could be featured.

Hopefully for those of us from Europe there may be a call out.

warmest regards,

Alan

Quote from: Billie Wilson on February 22, 2013, 01:06:25 AM
Bruce Ross is soliciting haiku for a North American section of a contemporary world haiku anthology. Please send 3 of your best haiku written between 2000 and 2013.

Include in the body of your email your name, city and state or province, your 3 haiku, and an English translation if written in another language. If published, include the name of the journal.

Send to: dr_bruce_ross@hotmail.com (two underscores) with a subject line "A Vast Sky" or mail to Bruce Ross, PMB 127, 499 Broadway, Bangor, ME 04401, USA. Those chosen will be notified.

Deadline: August 1, 2013.
Alan Summers,
founder, Call of the Page
https://www.callofthepage.org

Billie Wilson

Alan, as best I can understand, Dr. Ross is collecting haiku from poets worldwide.  I believe my mention of only the North American portion of the anthology inadvertently confused the issue and I apologize.

AlanSummers

Hi Billie,

No need to apologise at all.  I knew someone was collating for India etc... and it would only be logical for North America to be high on the list.

kindest regards,

Alan

Quote from: Billie Wilson on June 05, 2013, 04:59:21 PM
Alan, as best I can understand, Dr. Ross is collecting haiku from poets worldwide.  I believe my mention of only the North American portion of the anthology inadvertently confused the issue and I apologize.
Alan Summers,
founder, Call of the Page
https://www.callofthepage.org

Chase Gagnon

I submitted a previously published one, and two new ones :) Sounds awesome.

colin stewart jones

Dietmar Tauchner

is the European editor, alan

if you message me i will pass on his email

cheers
col :)

bear us in mind for your work

Colin Stewart Jones
Editor
Notes from the Gean: monthly haiku journal

www.geantreepress.com

Seanan

Where does a New Yorker living in London fit?

Don Baird

Submitted!  Looks like fun!  Thank you!

Don
I write haiku because they're there to be written ...

storm drain
the vertical axis
of winter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk