News:

If you click the "Log In" button and get an error, use this URL to display the forum home page: https://thehaikufoundation.org/forum_sm/

Update any bookmarks you have for the forum to use this URL--not a similar URL that includes "www."
Welcome to The Haiku Foundation forum! Some features and boards are available only to registered members who are logged in. To register, click Register in the main menu below. Click Login to login. Please use a Report to Moderator link to report any problems with a board or a topic.

Main Menu

The Lure of the Threshold

Started by light pilgrim, June 17, 2021, 04:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

light pilgrim

The Lure of the Threshold

Haibun

Sonam Chhoki

Copyright © 2021 Sonam Chhoki

Éditions de petits nuages
Ottawa, Canada
editionspetitsnuages@gmail.com

"The thread that runs through this cycle of poems is rich in faith, in dream, myth, magic, and the music of words. I know that each haibun rises with questions and ends with a haiku planted squarely in the here and now—here on Earth.

sirens through the night moth in a jar"

Glenn G Coats

Presenting her haibun as 'poems,' Chhoki recounts snippets of supernatural stories, confidential visions. All invite us in. Yet all usher us out at the end with a haiku spell – pine branches rise / like lammergeier wings; a blue thrush whistles in the rain; rope bridge to the shrine / Orion at dawn.

Stephen Henry Gill, Lecturer Kyoto University, Leader of Hailstone Haiku Circle, Japan

Lorraine Pester

i got this reply to an inquiry sent to the above link in pilgrim's post

Sonam's chapbook is available from me for $10US postage included.

Payment by PayPal can be made to the address of this email     mike58montreuil@gmail.com

OR you can send a cheque for $10US to
Mike Montreuil
1409 Bortolotti Crescent
Ottawa ONTARIO
Canada    K1B 5C1

mike montreuil of cattails is the publisher.

lorraine
My entire soul is a cry, and all my work is a commentary on that cry.   Nikos Kazantzakis

Seaview (Marion Clarke)

Another interesting title...congrats to Sonam!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk