News:

If you click the "Log In" button and get an error, use this URL to display the forum home page: https://thehaikufoundation.org/forum_sm/

Update any bookmarks you have for the forum to use this URL--not a similar URL that includes "www."
___________
Welcome to The Haiku Foundation forum! Some features and boards are available only to registered members who are logged in. To register, click Register in the main menu below. Click Login to login. Please use a Report to Moderator link to report any problems with a board or a topic.

Main Menu

MahMight haiku journal

Started by AlanSummers, May 30, 2021, 06:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlanSummers

Alan Summers,
founder, Call of the Page
https://www.callofthepage.org

Lorraine Pester

My entire soul is a cry, and all my work is a commentary on that cry.   Nikos Kazantzakis

AlanSummers

Ongoing, no end date, until the world says otherwise!

Alan
Alan Summers,
founder, Call of the Page
https://www.callofthepage.org

Lorraine Pester

#3
Quote from: AlanSummers on May 30, 2021, 11:16:30 PM
Ongoing, no end date, until the world says otherwise!

Alan

how odd?!

😶 😶 😶

lorraine

so... it's rolling submissions. once the first is submitted or accepted, i can make another?
My entire soul is a cry, and all my work is a commentary on that cry.   Nikos Kazantzakis

AlanSummers

Hi Lorraine,

The dynamics of the journal will become obvious over time. I don't want people rushing, but taking their time. Often 'waiting' is the key to haiku and getting the right words in the right place. Also the other piece is about the interplay (often called juxtaposition) between two 'characters'.

So take your time, enjoy that time, and also look forward to whose haiku (not mine) that you have read in another journal that you admire for aspects of its craft and overall effect.

warm regards,
Alan

Quote from: Lorraine Pester on May 31, 2021, 12:03:59 AM
Quote from: AlanSummers on May 30, 2021, 11:16:30 PM
Ongoing, no end date, until the world says otherwise!

Alan

how odd?!

😶 😶 😶

lorraine

so... it's rolling submissions. once the first is submitted or accepted, i can make another?
Alan Summers,
founder, Call of the Page
https://www.callofthepage.org

Lorraine Pester

Quote from: AlanSummers on May 31, 2021, 09:47:46 AM
Hi Lorraine,

The dynamics of the journal will become obvious over time. I don't want people rushing, but taking their time. Often 'waiting' is the key to haiku and getting the right words in the right place. Also the other piece is about the interplay (often called juxtaposition) between two 'characters'.

So take your time, enjoy that time, and also look forward to whose haiku (not mine) that you have read in another journal that you admire for aspects of its craft and overall effect.

warm regards,
Alan

Quote from: Lorraine Pester on May 31, 2021, 12:03:59 AM
Quote from: AlanSummers on May 30, 2021, 11:16:30 PM
Ongoing, no end date, until the world says otherwise!

Alan

how odd?!

😶 😶 😶

lorraine

so... it's rolling submissions. once the first is submitted or accepted, i can make another?

Alan,

you mean we can't brown nose you b choosing yours?  😩

actually. i've started my response. what i found ironic was how the one of mine that i chose and the one i admire have similar ideas. it wasn't deliberate.

letting the other two parts percolate. i found that interesting too. relationships. taking time. like haiku. hmmm.

the whole process makes me think about the question i posed over in advanced haiku discussion about organic poetry.

lorraine
My entire soul is a cry, and all my work is a commentary on that cry.   Nikos Kazantzakis

AlanSummers

Hi Lorraine,

Alas picking one of my haiku would be defeating one of the purposes of the journal. I want to know what and why a haiku from someone else other than the poet (or myself) does to each person submitting to the journal.

It's going to be a very interesting experiment and there is serious intent behind the humor of the submission guideline challenges.

warm regards,
Alan
Alan Summers,
founder, Call of the Page
https://www.callofthepage.org

Lorraine Pester

Quote from: AlanSummers on May 31, 2021, 05:03:27 PM
Hi Lorraine,

Alas picking one of my haiku would be defeating one of the purposes of the journal. I want to know what and why a haiku from someone else other than the poet (or myself) does to each person submitting to the journal.

It's going to be a very interesting experiment and there is serious intent behind the humor of the submission guideline challenges.

warm regards,
Alan

i leave you be now
My entire soul is a cry, and all my work is a commentary on that cry.   Nikos Kazantzakis

AlanSummers

Look forward to the submission!

Alan
Alan Summers,
founder, Call of the Page
https://www.callofthepage.org

AlanSummers

Over the moon, I have the first submission, and that poet has nominated another poet, and I will put this up as soon as I can later this week!

More submissions being worked upon, I hear, so I can't wait!

There is absolutely no rush, as there is no deadline, this is an all-year project.

Alan Summers
Founding Editor
MahMight haiku journal
https://mahmighthaikujournal.blogspot.com
Alan Summers,
founder, Call of the Page
https://www.callofthepage.org

Lorraine Pester

Quote from: AlanSummers on June 01, 2021, 01:10:40 PM
Over the moon, I have the first submission, and that poet has nominated another poet, and I will put this up as soon as I can later this week!

More submissions being worked upon, I hear, so I can't wait!

There is absolutely no rush, as there is no deadline, this is an all-year project.

Alan Summers
Founding Editor
MahMight haiku journal
https://mahmighthaikujournal.blogspot.com

🎉. 🎁 🎉

YAY! !

YIPPEE ! !

My entire soul is a cry, and all my work is a commentary on that cry.   Nikos Kazantzakis

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk