Author Topic: MahMight haiku journal  (Read 268 times)

AlanSummers

• View Profile
    • Call of the Page
MahMight haiku journal
« on: May 30, 2021, 12:41:59 PM »

Lorraine Pester

• View Profile
Re: MahMight haiku journal
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2021, 02:55:07 PM »
MahMight haiku journal
"the journal you might not like!"
https://mahmighthaikujournal.blogspot.com/2021/05/a-mahmight-introduction-to-new-haiku.html

and is it a one day submission window?

lorraine
My entire soul is a cry, and all my work is a commentary on that cry.   Nikos Kazantzakis

AlanSummers

• View Profile
    • Call of the Page
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2021, 05:16:30 PM »
Ongoing, no end date, until the world says otherwise!

Alan

Lorraine Pester

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2021, 06:03:59 PM »

Alan

how odd?!

😶 😶 😶

lorraine

so… it’s rolling submissions. once the first is submitted or accepted, i can make another?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 06:05:42 PM by Lorraine Pester »
My entire soul is a cry, and all my work is a commentary on that cry.   Nikos Kazantzakis

AlanSummers

• View Profile
    • Call of the Page
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2021, 03:47:46 AM »
Hi Lorraine,

The dynamics of the journal will become obvious over time. I don't want people rushing, but taking their time. Often 'waiting' is the key to haiku and getting the right words in the right place. Also the other piece is about the interplay (often called juxtaposition) between two 'characters'.

So take your time, enjoy that time, and also look forward to whose haiku (not mine) that you have read in another journal that you admire for aspects of its craft and overall effect.

warm regards,
Alan

Alan

how odd?!

😶 😶 😶

lorraine

so… it’s rolling submissions. once the first is submitted or accepted, i can make another?

Lorraine Pester

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2021, 05:04:59 AM »
Hi Lorraine,

The dynamics of the journal will become obvious over time. I don't want people rushing, but taking their time. Often 'waiting' is the key to haiku and getting the right words in the right place. Also the other piece is about the interplay (often called juxtaposition) between two 'characters'.

So take your time, enjoy that time, and also look forward to whose haiku (not mine) that you have read in another journal that you admire for aspects of its craft and overall effect.

warm regards,
Alan

Alan

how odd?!

😶 😶 😶

lorraine

Alan,

you mean we can’t brown nose you b choosing yours?  😩

actually. i’ve started my response. what i found ironic was how the one of mine that i chose and the one i admire have similar ideas. it wasn’t deliberate.

letting the other two parts percolate. i found that interesting too. relationships. taking time. like haiku. hmmm.

the whole process makes me think about the question i posed over in advanced haiku discussion about organic poetry.

lorraine

AlanSummers

• View Profile
    • Call of the Page
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2021, 11:03:27 AM »
Hi Lorraine,

Alas picking one of my haiku would be defeating one of the purposes of the journal. I want to know what and why a haiku from someone else other than the poet (or myself) does to each person submitting to the journal.

It's going to be a very interesting experiment and there is serious intent behind the humor of the submission guideline challenges.

warm regards,
Alan

Lorraine Pester

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2021, 11:07:22 AM »
Hi Lorraine,

Alas picking one of my haiku would be defeating one of the purposes of the journal. I want to know what and why a haiku from someone else other than the poet (or myself) does to each person submitting to the journal.

It's going to be a very interesting experiment and there is serious intent behind the humor of the submission guideline challenges.

warm regards,
Alan

i leave you be now

AlanSummers

• View Profile
    • Call of the Page
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2021, 04:52:47 PM »
Look forward to the submission!

Alan

AlanSummers

• View Profile
    • Call of the Page
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2021, 07:10:40 AM »
Over the moon, I have the first submission, and that poet has nominated another poet, and I will put this up as soon as I can later this week!

More submissions being worked upon, I hear, so I can't wait!

There is absolutely no rush, as there is no deadline, this is an all-year project.

Alan Summers
Founding Editor
MahMight haiku journal
https://mahmighthaikujournal.blogspot.com

Lorraine Pester

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2021, 07:27:49 AM »
Over the moon, I have the first submission, and that poet has nominated another poet, and I will put this up as soon as I can later this week!

More submissions being worked upon, I hear, so I can't wait!

There is absolutely no rush, as there is no deadline, this is an all-year project.

Alan Summers
Founding Editor
MahMight haiku journal
https://mahmighthaikujournal.blogspot.com

🎉. 🎁 🎉

YAY! !

YIPPEE ! !