Author Topic: new betta virtual haiku workshop for beta haiku  (Read 85 times)

catenate

• View Profile
new betta virtual haiku workshop for beta haiku
« on: January 28, 2021, 08:04:09 PM »
This is an experiment, and I don't really know what I'm doing, but I'd like to try something novel.

I'd like to announce the formation of a standing online haiku workshop, conducted in private on a Trello board.  I've never run a haiku workshop before, and I'm not a professional poet.  The idea is to try to build and maintain a little productive community of people who actively help each other write haiku, not to change the world.

Here's the announcement, if all my warnings have not scared you off. :)

betta is a standing online haiku workshop, open by invitation.

Join the betta virtual haiku workshop to work on your beta haiku!  Send an email to haikuworkshop(at)gmail(dot)com to participate.

betta is a Trello board, which is composed of virtual "cards", sorted into named columns.  Each card is a haiku and the discussion around it, and is assigned to the author(s) of the haiku.  Do not change the title (card name) or description of a card which is not assigned to you.  Please do comment on the work of others!

When adding work (only one active at a time), remember that some publishers will not consider work posted to even private workshops..
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 08:39:43 PM by catenate »

AlanSummers

• View Profile
    • Call of the Page
Re: new betta virtual haiku workshop for beta haiku
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 06:37:01 AM »
Dear 'catenate'

Looks interesting! Wishing all success.

warm regards,
Alan

This is an experiment, and I don't really know what I'm doing, but I'd like to try something novel.

I'd like to announce the formation of a standing online haiku workshop, conducted in private on a Trello board.  I've never run a haiku workshop before, and I'm not a professional poet.  The idea is to try to build and maintain a little productive community of people who actively help each other write haiku, not to change the world.

Here's the announcement, if all my warnings have not scared you off. :)

betta is a standing online haiku workshop, open by invitation.

Join the betta virtual haiku workshop to work on your beta haiku!  Send an email to haikuworkshop(at)gmail(dot)com to participate.

betta is a Trello board, which is composed of virtual "cards", sorted into named columns.  Each card is a haiku and the discussion around it, and is assigned to the author(s) of the haiku.  Do not change the title (card name) or description of a card which is not assigned to you.  Please do comment on the work of others!

When adding work (only one active at a time), remember that some publishers will not consider work posted to even private workshops..

catenate

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 06:50:56 AM »
Thanks Alan!  Much appreciated.

Lorraine Pester

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 08:14:26 PM »

So. Would I be one of the ones that is trying to “change the world?” What do you mean by that? Would my fiddling around with different forms be against what you’re looking for? It’s fine if it is. But folks here will tell you that I’m not firmly entrenched in the usual Japanese short forms.

Just asking

Lorraine
My entire soul is a cry, and all my work is a commentary on that cry.   Nikos Kazantzakis

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk