Author Topic: Persevere  (Read 1351 times)

AlanSummers

• View Profile
    • Call of the Page
Persevere
« on: July 08, 2020, 02:10:52 AM »
A few of us have had at least one haiku turned down, sent back, rejected, several times, only for the poem to end up in a highly regarded journal or placed in a contest.

Sometimes we can work out why the poem was so unsuccessful while at other times we will forever be scratching our heads.

This haiku was rejected by one established journal and two contests, yet was picked up by the highly regarded The Heron's Nest which subjects each submission to a round of voting by the entire panel of editors.

The haiku has just been the subject of a commentary by Hifsa Ashraf, and Nicholas Klacsanzky:

Alan Summers’ duskfall
https://haikucommentary.wordpress.com/2020/07/07/alan-summers-duskfall/

Always have faith!

flowerfox

• View Profile
Re: Persevere
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 11:02:22 AM »
Excellent, Alan, and always of interest to read the thoughts of others within this site. It's amazing what is seen in so few words.
I do like the black and white element mentioned. Many things to ponder on, which leads the reader into the verse.

Congratulations.

AlanSummers

• View Profile
    • Call of the Page
Re: Persevere
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 03:58:00 AM »
Thanks Carol!

I posted a retrospective investigation into how and why I wrote the haiku including a note about “rêverie observation” my latest term as part of slip-realism:
https://haikucommentary.wordpress.com/2020/07/07/alan-summers-duskfall/comment-page-1/#comment-3809

warm regards,
Alan

Excellent, Alan, and always of interest to read the thoughts of others within this site. It's amazing what is seen in so few words.
I do like the black and white element mentioned. Many things to ponder on, which leads the reader into the verse.

Congratulations.