News:

If you click the "Log In" button and get an error, use this URL to display the forum home page: https://thehaikufoundation.org/forum_sm/

Update any bookmarks you have for the forum to use this URL--not a similar URL that includes "www."
Welcome to The Haiku Foundation forum! Some features and boards are available only to registered members who are logged in. To register, click Register in the main menu below. Click Login to login. Please use a Report to Moderator link to report any problems with a board or a topic.

Main Menu

Very sad news about our friend and forum member Rachel Sutcliffe

Started by Seaview (Marion Clarke), January 25, 2019, 10:12:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seaview (Marion Clarke)

Following communication with Rebecca Sutcliffe, sister of Rachel Sutcliffe and with permission from Rachel's parents, it is with a very heavy heart that I inform the haiku world of Rachel's recent passing.

Despite suffering from a very serious autoimmune disorder for many years, Rachel always displayed a wonderful sense of humour and was a fine and prolific writer of haiku and senryu. Her poetry has been published widely in dedicated haiku journals and on her blog Project Words.

Rachel will be dearly missed by all in the global haiku community. I was honoured to include this monoku of hers in a selection back in October on The Haiku Foundation's 'Per Diem' feature. I think it demonstrates her ability to find something positive in times of such adversary.

May our friend rest in peace.

deep woods happy to just be

Rachel Sutcliffe
Per Diem, The Haiku Foundation, October 2018

sandra

Thank you Marion. It is indeed sad news. I shall miss seeing Rachel's haiku, always worth reading.

- Sandra

Seaview (Marion Clarke)

Quote from: sandra on January 26, 2019, 04:20:17 AM
Thank you Marion. It is indeed sad news. I shall miss seeing Rachel's haiku, always worth reading.

- Sandra

Yes, Rachel was a talented and prolific writer, Sandra.

marion

Don Baird

I write haiku because they're there to be written ...

storm drain
the vertical axis
of winter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk