Who’s ready for a haiku challenge?
Don Wentworth, editor of The Lilliput Review, and blogger of Issa’s Untidy Hut, has announced his 2nd Annual Bashō Haiku Challenge.
To quote Don, “here’s the full dope”:
1. Until October 31st, send up to five haiku via email to: lilliput review at gmail dot com (spelled out to fend off pesky bots). I will need a minimum of your name and email.
2. Accepted works will be published in the 2nd Annual Bashô Haiku Challenge Chapbook to be published some time in 2010.
3. The winner of the challenge will receive a copy of Bashō and His Interpreters: Selected Hokku with Commentary, edited by Makoto Ueda, a 15 issue subscription to Lilliput Review, and two contributor copies of the chapbook.
4. 5 runners-up to the winning haiku will receive a book from Red Moon Press, a 6 issue subscription to
LR, and two copies of the chapbook.
5. Everyone else whose work is published will receive a 6 issue subscription and two copies of the chapbook.
Again, the deadline is October 31st.
Last year’s winning poem was:
on the church steps
a mourning dove
with mother’s eyes
Results for 1st Bashō Haiku Challenge
And the original post for the 2nd.