2022 Touchstone Awards for Distinguished Books – Short List
The Haiku Foundation is pleased to announce The Touchstone Distinguished Book Awards Short List for books of haiku and related forms published in 2022. The nominees’ works represent a rich variety of English-language books from many nations and haiku traditions. The five members of the Touchstone Distinguished Books Award panel have each read the ninety-five books submitted in the first round, and after careful deliberation has chosen the eighteen books that comprise our Short List. The panel will further review these eighteen volumes to determine which will receive the Awards and Honorable Mentions.
I know I speak for the panel in noting how difficult it was to limit our selection to eighteen books this year. We recognize the many worthy books beyond the Short List which were published in 2022.
On April 17, the Foundation will announce its final awards for 2022.
I wish to thank the Distinguished Books Award Panel: Susan Antolin, Kat Lehmann, Peter Newton, Victor Ortiz, and Tom Sacramona.
We extend our congratulations to the following authors and publishers (books are arranged in alphabetical order by author):
- Barlow, John & Ferris Gilli, Editors. Where Rain Would Stay: The Haiku Poetry of Peggy Willis Lyles (Ormskirk, UK: Snapshot Press, 2022).
- Bennett, Brad. a box of feathers (Winchester VA: Red Moon Press, 2022).
- Clausen, Tom & Michael Dudley. Interchange (Self-Published, 2022).
- Coates, Glenn G. Another Lost Boat (Carolina Shores, NC: Pineola Publishing, 2022).
- Cotter, Amelia. apparitions (Highland Park, Il: Highland Park Poetry Press, 2022).
- Day, Cherie Hunter. Miles Deep in a Drum Solo (Durham, N.C: Backbone Press, 2022).
- Grant, Benedict. spirit level (Winchester VA: Red Moon Press, 2022).
- Hawkhead, John. Bone Moon (Uxbridge, UK: Alba Publishing, 2022).
- Mahoney, Hannah. Shifting Light (Durham, N.C: Backbone Press, 2022).
- Martin, Jeannie & Martone, John, Editors, Chrysalis by vincent tripi, (Northfield, MA , Swamp Press, MMXXII).
- Metz, Scott. ea’s e (Winchester VA: Red Moon Press, 2022).
- Morrissey, Laurie D. all the stars i can swallow (Winchester VA: Red Moon Press, 2022).
- O’Connor, Sean. The God of Bones (Uxbridge, UK: Alba Publishing, 2022).
- Padden, Lorraine A. Upwelling: Haiku, Senryu, Tanka and Haibun (Winchester VA: Red Moon Press, 2022).
- Rosenow, Ce, (Editor). JUXTAEIGHT: Research and Scholarship in Haiku (Winchester, VA: The Haiku Foundation, 2022).
- Riutta, Andrew. blessed (Winchester VA: Red Moon Press, 2022).
- Shankar, Shloka. the field of why (Bangalore, India: Yavanika Press, 2022).
- Smith, Crystal Simone. Ebbing Shore (Durham, N.C: Horse & Buggy Press, 2022).
Bruce H. Feingold
Touchstone Awards Chairperson and Touchstone Distinguished Book Awards Coordinator
This Post Has 4 Comments
Congrats to all, and to the top of the list. The winners. Well-deserved.
Congrats to all of these fabulous writers. Good luck!
Wonderful selection of books this year! Many thanks to Bruce and the committee.
Congratulations to all the authors! Looking forward to reading as many of these as I can.
Comments are closed.